Sometimes you may need to show different pages to your participants depending on the answer they provide to specific questions.
Note: this page assumes you are familiar with the different question types available in Welphi. If that is not the case, please read the Round page types article first
In Welphi, you can make use of a sophisticated rules system to send participants to different pages based upon their answer in one or more questions.
Below you can find a description of the rules you can use for each question type.
Rules for closed-end answers in Survey pages
When you add a closed-end question type in one of your survey pages, you may setup a rule for each possible answer option. To do this, just click the “setup flow rules” icon on the upper right hand corner of the question box.
Once you click the “setup flow rules” button, you will notice that each answer option will have a selection box just below. You can use this box to select the page to where the participant will be redirected in case that specific option is selected during the questionnaire.
Don’t forget to click save after you finish setting up your rules!
If you want to turn the flow rules system off, just press the “setup flow rules” icon again. Please remember this will delete any rules you have created before.
Rules for Quantitative Delphi questions
Flow rules for quantitative questions can be more complex then closed-end questions since Welphi makes it possible to setup several combinations of rules.
Once you click the “setup flow rules” icon, you will now see a groups of selection boxes below your question.
- If you have only one rule for this questions, the first word will automatically be a “if”. Right after that you will see a selection box where you are able to choose a signal for your rule (“=”, “<“, “<=”, “>” and “>=”)
- The value box, let’s you specify the value that your participant has to insert to be included in this rule.
- The target page box, is where you specify where the participant will be redirected to, if his/her answer is included in this rule
- To setup more complex rules, you can click the “+” sign to add more conditions to your rule or to create more rules for the same question. You can add more lines by selection “AND” and “OR” to start the new line, or select “IF” to create a new rule.
Rules for ranking questions
Ranking questions rules are also straightforward to set up.
Once you click the “setup flow rules” icon, you will now see a two selection boxes below your question.
- The first selection box, indicates the ranking position where the user must place this option to be included in this rule.
- The second
- The target box, is where you specify where the participant will be redirected to, if his/her answer is included in this rule.
Like always, don’t forget to press the “save and preview” button to save all your rules!